Friday, May 14, 2010

We Were Random (and now I am gone)

We were random,
Nonsensical and unsorted -
Tossed together by
Happenstance and hunger,
Chewing each other
While other's tastes
Still lingered on bitter lips.

But you were still,
Crushed by my kiss.
Held down in my bed,
By rough hands
Covered in soft skin.
Left to smolder,
As I lit a fire,
For another.

I'm a callous man,
Sharp teeth behind
An easy smile.
I've got no apologies,
And don't want forgiveness,
It's just who I am.
Don't be so sad.

Four letter words
Are all profanities,
Each and every one.
So don't dare speak
Them to me, you'll
Only ridicule yourself
For such blasphemy.

My arrogance is obvious,
If you care to see;
But I know you don't
So we'll just call it misogyny.
So I take my leave,
Pull my pants from my feet,
Say goodnight gracefully,
While it's still pretty.

I wasn't always this way,
Quite the opposite really;
Once I was aching,
To feel something truly.
Someday you'll see
Just what I mean,
When your heart is hollow,
But you know it's better
Than being heavy.

No comments:

Post a Comment