Friday, May 14, 2010

Too Flighty To Be A Friend (I Am)

Well it's always a matter of convince
When the weather's fair,
We'll make a plan to meet.
Head down to the park, catch a show,
Spread out blankets on the beach.
We'll wait for clouds to grow heavy
then drink ourselves to sleep.

It's so plain,
To be unloved like this.
It's my fault,
Because I never call.
Once the precedent's been set
It's hard to forget,
What a shitty friend I am.

Well it's always like this I guess
I'm only ever half here,
Because I'm always in my head.
I'd invite you in if I could,
We would watch my errant thoughts
Flicker by when I think of you
So you'd know that you are loved.

It's so plain,
to be unloved like this.
It's my fault,
Because I never call.
Cause it always feels so cheap,
To have to try,
To be a good friend.

They say everything is temporary
To get through a bad day.
But not me, that's what I say
When someone I love slips away.

Yeah, that's what I say.
That's what I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment