Friday, May 14, 2010

Pesant Hearts (and their mighty prophecy)

Let me say just one thing before I pass off into the gray:
That I was here, and wanted only to stay.
When the years teach you to cry, I hope your tears come
Out bitter, dry. That those azure eyes bleed into the sky
A deeper blue, far deeper than you or I.
I'd still kill for them, their wanting gaze. You're nectar
Breath and honeyed flesh. I'd rip the stars from the
Spheres and make them into deadly spears. To
Lance the beast of passion's teeth; to sing
This soliloquy into your ear.

The arc of time is high and long, and what are men
But shadows drawn? Along the road
As the sun sojourns from point to point, to set and
Rest for the lonely night. And what am I but a fool
For you, who marks the day in any way as
To tell when you won't be coming back to me.
I'd like to say I'd made my peace, with decisions made,
Respectfully. I've moved on to in pursuit of dawn
And live to love another, sing another's song.
That would make me a liar.

From the abyss of swirling mists, through purgatory,
Pandemonium and limbo long, I've taken on;
A darker shade of gray. Maybe, but I doubt it, it's better
This way. Because sometimes longing is better
Than the loving because all passions become mundane.
Still, I'd take just one more kiss from those murderous
Lips, and bathe these wounds in your deep red bliss.
Some battles are just meant to be lost, and
Peasant hearts are the warlord's cost.

No comments:

Post a Comment