Friday, May 14, 2010

Adam and Eve ( before the apple)

She once said to me,
As the summer sun
Filtered through sterling leaves;
"Maybe once, we were Adam and Eve".
And what a beautiful thing
That would be to believe.
That some souls cling together
Seeking their completion in each other
Through eons marching into ash.

I just don't know, where souls
Come from, or where they go;
But I'd like to think,
That once I was a king, and she
A queen, divided by deep seas
And the coasts of distant tragedies.
Or perhaps, soldiers who met their
Final day in some deadly embrace
As enemies who made peace upon
Each others blades.

I hate how I need her, how her
Strength makes me weaker; the way
She destroys the cynic in me.
Because I'd like to believe, that we're
Always alone, there's no greater meaning,
No souls vigilantly seeking and only
Coincidence in our meeting. I'd like to
Believe, that one day I can be free, like
Fallen leaves blowing quickly down her street.

No comments:

Post a Comment