Friday, May 14, 2010

Sit On The Sidelines (not a compliment)

I sit on the sidelines,
Watching with rolling eyes,
Your absurd masquerade -
Your silly little lives.

I raise my eyebrows
As you saunter by;
They are the things that
Lie above my eyes,
Which something made
you decided were wortless,
So replaced them with
Badly drawn lines.

This isn't a metaphor,
I hope that's not a suprise.

You're such a sad thing,
Such a wretched sight.
Still dressing up in costumes,
Like thirteen at thirty-five.
You're such a stange creature,
Not unique in the least,
More common than dust
But so desperate to be
Prom queen in dim lights,
A lead role in the scene.

It's really just absurd,
And a little obscene -
But I guess your proud of that;
It's not a compliment.

There's nothing special about
You or your life, and I'm not
Saying there is about me
Nor mine. the difference between
The two is that it's as simple
to see as any stop sign;
I can see it clearly,
I guess you're just blind.

No comments:

Post a Comment