Friday, May 14, 2010

Saviors and Self Absorbtion (go hand in hand)

Over that bridge on 1-75, where the smokestacks choke out the stars. Where you soar over the heavens that were pulled down to the ground, By envy, greed and oil refineries. I saw jesus siting by the road side with a battered sign, said "will save for food". Seems everyone's fallen on hard Times lately.
Well, I sit and wait for February to creep up on me, another birthday I'll play off in to obscurity. As far as anyone knows, I've been this age forever. And year after year things get better and better, for everyone but me, everyone But me. I don't mean to sound pretentious, insincere or Selfish, but I am, I am.
So I walk down the road in the wake of snow plows. And ignore the red drops that Drip from clenched fists and stain the dirty street side alive. It's about time Someone gave something back To this city.
I go down past the ghost lurk lofts, and the dim wit diners. Past the brick work Roads and the empty clubs. Past the fist and through the plaza, find a spot by the rivers edge. And bleed away into the sea. Down the streets and through these veins. Out the casket and into the river. Through the water and to the lakes, open water waits beyond;
And the depth of what lies between the land. Far, far from the hands of man.

No comments:

Post a Comment