Friday, July 15, 2011

Your Word (Such a flimsy thing)

Your word, such a fragile and flimsy thing,

Readily given, quickly broken and quick to

Fly from pearch like crow on ready wings.

All the words ring hollow,

Like little mallets hitting heavily

On my belltower bound heart.

Trust, oh I try, tried and tried

But your word and action lie far apart

Your only consistency is to wound me,

Push away, keep solemn vows only

When they serve to make me pay

For my trangsressions, rightly wrong;

So I pay in blood while you move on -

And you tell me you haven't,

That it's a trivial thing,

And you know how it cuts me,

Every time we seldom speak.

Keeping your options open,

Now as was before, and I wonder

How long until my faith and hope

Give way and my stomach falls to the floor.

I try and trust, but something here

Is misbegotten, plain untrue or at best dishonest-

To me or them, the electronic horde

Who seek to slip in on those three words.

I try to trust, I try, I do try,

But what is there to trust when

So many words amounted to pretty lies?

This damage, this acid, it eats away

And if there is to be anything again,

It creates only more wounds, more pain.

And though I love, I do, I do,

It is these things that ruin my sleep,

And sew fear my faith is misplaced in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment