Monday, July 18, 2011

Talked Into Corners (silence and time)

We've talked ourselves into the corners
Of this crowded room;
All the reasons we should fade
Have spilled forth from pained lips
Into ears with agendas
Which turn stern and disproving eyes
On any efforts we might make
To close that gap, the throng between
One end and the other.
They told me, tell her off;
Weak, broken at war I cast you away
And woke to realize the price I'd paid.
Now you've sent me off
And I know you still feel for me,
Your desire though muddled is a real thing.
So time, slow the motion must be
I will work to change that which
Has broken so deeply in me,
Give time I should long have gave,
Hope that once you've found yourself
You'll still feel the same way.
Let their eyes be their own,
Their scowls misplaced, agendas disowned.
This life is yours, and mine for me,
Hopefully, despite the leering eyes,
In the middle of this crowded room
We will once again meet.


No comments:

Post a Comment