Friday, July 15, 2011

Unmentionable (My soul will be laying beside the bedside you burn in)

Am I your unmentionable?

A private thing

To be kept hidden deep

In your mind's deeper drawers?

A secret thing of desire

Tinged with fear?

Will you tell him of me

As you sip coffee?

My name spoken in tones

Either casual

Of the receeding past,

Or bleeding with present pain?

Will you consider his placcating words,

His gentle probing concern

As he imagines

The color of the panties you wear.

And will you be lonely love?

Is your heart still tethered

Or roaming free, bonds broken

By shears held in hands of fear?

Will you give in,

Let him slip them off?

Leave my impoded heart

Lying on the floor in bedside

Shadow as you give him all, I no more?

Am I unmnetionable, a sectet thing

To which you will not give will,

Or word or want or care to speak?

Am I soon to be forgotten,

My good intentions all misbegotten?

Your Dear John departing

The anterchamber of your heart?

Am I unmentionable, inconsiderable,

Ragged emotions and threads

Of fading memories

Laying on the floor,

Fading from memory -

Soon to fall apart?

No comments:

Post a Comment