Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Snap, Pop (You Dick)

Snap
Pop
There goes the lock.
Gate open
Mind broken
What is left of me?
Pulled her under
So I could breathe,
I'd apologize,
But I'm still panicking.
Had to let go-
Hold the bird
I'm busy drowning.
At least she
Won't drown
With me.
How unfair;
To burn up love
To keep warm,
Light her up
With my shame
The bonfire of
My vanity.
Make amends
With the empty space,
The hole in your mind
That held her face;
At the end of the tunnel,
Almost there,
But now she's gone,
And you're nowhere.
Life rafts don't feel loved
For saving drowning men,
I'dve saved myself,
If I'dve known where to begin.
Swim to shore,
Swim godamnit swim,
You're almost there,
You've got to live!
With your guilt,
Your love still real,
Even when you're half dead,
And the memories,
The cruel things
You said untrue, surreal;
Of shitty letters,
Pathetic texts,
Nights in bunkers,
Your wrenched back -
Her voice so relieved
When you said
You wouldn't call again.
Swim godamnit swim!
You're almost there,
Gave up your best friend,
For the dusty desert air.
What a fool, a sad sad man,
To always take on more
Than you know you can.
Fucked her up,
Desperate to save yourself,
Now she's gone,
And you're fleeing hell;
Swim fucker swim,
Run if you can!
Walk on the water,
Aren't you more savior than man?
No you fool,
You martyr
You prick,
You're just a coward,
Who drowned his lover,
You're just a dick;
Your body broken,
Your mind dirty glass,
Fragile, fucked and sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment