Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Miss Misery (He got it in the end, didn't he)

Do you miss me miss misery?
It's a comedy of errors you see
Elliot sings, like he knew you
And watches me. Knows I'm
Everything i said I'd never be;
So I write screwdriver sonnets
While she sleeps beautifully in
My bed, loyal for a day before
My woman leaves and I cheat.
I took her like you took me.
Do you miss me, miss misery;
I know you don't, but I do.
Because I'm empty, pretty
And cheap. I'm you and who
Are you now? Miss misery
Call me mr. Loyalty and we'll
Drink well whiskey and laugh
At the absurdity of who I used
To be, all noble ideas and petty
Beliefs. So I'll fake it through the
Week, year -life with some help
From Jamesons and Johnny walker
Red. I'm empty, but I keep a good
Attitude, and I know you'd rather see
Me gone than the way that I am. A
Mirror of everything you used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment