Friday, September 30, 2011

Showing Emotion (Is like noticing your fly is down)

Showing emotion, I say, is like noticing
Your fly is down in a room full of people.
So it's best to keep your somber moods,
Thoughts black, thoughts blue, for quiet
Nights when you're alone in recluse.

Sick nights, rainy days; spent the evening
Trying to chase my new lovers away.
So I could put old feelings onto shelves,
In shoe boxes and trash bins, to string
Together a reason to go on from all I felt.

Because right now,
I just don't have one.
Everything died,
Alone in the tomb
Of my bunker
In the desert nights.

Maybe it's unfair to ask for the truth
Since we're all so used to living a lie.
But I'd like to quit drinking some day
And it helps to forget the mess, left
When he died and she ran away.

So I sift, search and stumble in the mess
Of my war-torn emotions and broken mind,
I know I don't deserve a thing, not candor,
Equity or what I'm given of your time,
But really, baby, I just want to feel better.

Because right now,
I'm just not alright.
I'm a survivors's cliche;
A PTSD novelty
Always scaring her, waking,
Screaming in the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment