Tuesday, September 27, 2011

She Feeds The Monster (I wasn't strong enough)

She feeds the monster in me;
Sex, drugs and whiskey.

I've walked hard roads
From the desert, to the sea
And been lost in bottles,
Bars and beds - remember;
Remember who you are.

Once there was a drunk angel
That sat on my shoulder,
But I ran too fast and she fell.
Now all I find are devils on my
Arm as we vacation in hell.

She feeds the monster in me;
Passion, blood and apathy.

Now there's this tower,
Ivory like lines cast on mirror
And steely gray skies. Clouds
Laid out like powder that come
And go - in the wind, they just blow.

My city's streets cracked and bleak,
Full of humming fury, desolate
And vibrant like only Detroit can be;
It's no home to me now, when we left
I lost my home, the angel to her city.

She feeds the monster in me;
Sweat, life and memories.

Who have I become?
Fed and bled this bitter blood-
The wolf howls at the naked moon,
My beast bellows at the fear of love;
Every ideal unwound, being made untrue.
Let go of the man,
So the monster can hunt,
Because I wasn't strong enough
To really let go of you.



No comments:

Post a Comment