Monday, January 16, 2012

No Time For Poems (Picking locks)

Today I don't have time
To write poems.
I've been more concerned
With picking locks
Than writing rhymes,
Pouring out my ragged mind
In beat up lines.
I'm running the streets,
Hitting my hustle -
But I've got to say
I'm making bank;
Squeezing blood from rocks
Not flowing free down
Detroit's streets all tangled up
In the lyrical knots of hip-hop.
Nowhere to go, nothing to do
But bind my time in thoughts
Of whiskey bottles and you.
I spit, I stumble, find my feet
But I don't mumble, I don't stop.
I almost made a G today,
And yeah, I made it in a sleazy way.
That's ok, because I'm still a poet
Running game instead of sonnets.
Give me a mission and I'm on it,
All I need is a pen or a drill bit-
What's ever stopped me but me?
Not a goddamn thing.



No comments:

Post a Comment