Thursday, January 19, 2012

Don't Love Me (Temporary)

Don't love me.
Don't love me don't love me don't love me.
Please baby,
Don't love dust in the wind,
Because I don't want
To break a heart again.
I'm so flighty,
We know it's got to be
Me creeping out of your big house
When the sun stains the sky -
Always with some place to be
Someone more important to see;
While I leave I know you think,
Laying covered in elegant silk sheets,
With that slender alabaster body
I'm a man with fucked up priorities.
What can I say? I'm a working man -
Who doesn't do well with idle hands,
Because even if they're exploring
The reaches and breaches of your
Beautiful body, tying golden hair in
Lovers knots, holding down a body in riot;
They're already looking to move on.
Don't love me,
Love is one thing I don't need.
Because you can't see,
Blinded by passion, or whatever,
I'll never make you happy.
Go find some lawyer whose
Cut well in his suit and tie.
Not a glorified dope boy,
Just waiting to fly away.
Don't love me don't love me.
Love the rocks, love the sea -
I'm a fleeting thing;
Transient, temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment