Friday, August 5, 2011

Let Me Pour (Make me your monster)

Ravenous those lips
Your slim hips
Locked in motion;
The swerve my of whiskey sweat
Running the curve of her breasts.
Let me pour
In the august and noble night
Let me pour
Out through my ghost easy smile,
My abandoned home predatory eyes.

We're all cheap,
Tonight, tomorrow, months ago,
Everything.
So crawl in next to me,
I'll taste you tonight,
Give you a little of me
As long as those little red lips
Know how to whisper discrete.
I'm a broken man you know,
Or so she told me.

I'm always paying for sins,
Others and my own;
My heart all mangled,
My conscience tangled-
She made it clear it was all my fault;
I could've been killed, buried, breath stilled
And I'd still be the name she gives
The new scars she carves in herself.
Well make me your monster,
I won't bother to mention
Her rampant and selfish abuse.

I'll just slip
Into that old skin
With my new humble lips
Pressing into her kiss
Until morning comes,
When I'm alone again,
I'll crawl back in bed
Where all my ghosts live
And try not to choke,
On lungs heavy with smoke,
Hand on chest,
The monster I am,
Quietly trying to feel for a soul.



No comments:

Post a Comment