Monday, December 5, 2011

Let's Just Buy A House (But baby)

She begs me, baby, eyes all brown and heavy-
Let's just buy a house, settle down,
We'll slip into a new life without
All of this pain, without the city lights.
Everything, everything can be all right.

That would be beautiful
If it were true,
But the sea, it caresses the sand
And baby, my calloused hands
Were never meant for you.
I know you love me dearly,
But baby, I just don't want you.

Oh I know, how you could think this is love
Because when I hold you down,
Hand pushing back that auburn mane
It feels like the angels are lifting us up.
But baby, the angels, they don't give a fuck about us.

Life, girl, it's not a pretty thing,
Not like you,
But flowers, they reach up toward the sun
And we both know I'm not the one.
All you ever wanted was a simple thing,
But I'm a puzzle, baby, we both know
If you solved me, you'd find nothing.
Nothing, nothing, nothing. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment