Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cut The Noose (Suffer for sinners, not self proclaimed saints).

Cut the noose,
The gallows give.
How many months
Have you been
Strung up like this?
Two souls, one love
The other unknown -
Lust or affection,
But something further
From True North,
The magnetic pull of
Faith's direction.
Martyr, Sinner -
Hangmen are never
Victims in innocence,
But I've paid my penance;
It was always mine,
But I can't hang
For your crimes too.
Not when you won't
Admit the truth.
Two souls burden,
More than a man can bear;
But you know,
I would die for you.
To this day,
As the rope unfurls
And my body is taken
Wrapped in bandit
Shrouds, dirty, drab, gray.
If I had two lives,
One, it would be yours,
I know you don't
Believe me, that's ok.
I'm a liar, thief and
Fool and ashamed,
But not of this.
The crimes locked
In your indifferent lips,
My execution kiss.
Cut me down,
Over and over,
With inciting,
Hurtful words.
I would hang,
For your sins,
But not the
Paltry whims
Of a self
Proclaimed
Saint.


No comments:

Post a Comment