Sunday, October 16, 2011

Flint and Steel (The Ember)

Ochr and azure
The autumn sky
So godamn beautiful
As day fades to night,
I watch twilight rise.
While your smile
Begins to fade,
And the flicker,
The ember,
Of love that I
Kindled in your eyes.

I'm flint and steel,
A hard handed man
Worn from making sparks,
All the nights
Spent writhing in sweat,
Grinding me away in the dark.
Just don't look for fire
In my lips or heart,
I don't make flames
Or build fires
Only funeral pyres
For sad girls
With pretty eyes.

Because I only want
Women in love with their lies.
I only feel,
When I know I could rise
Above the broken
Way your hands make fists
When you seethe and despise
the way I see weakness in you.
I'm flint and steel, hard, solid
And painfully real.
Everything you want, fear, hate
And feel.




No comments:

Post a Comment