Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Bella Vino (Rose in a wine bottle)

Our passion is a green glass maze,

All wine and whiskey,

Spent, drained and laying in the sweat

That runs down navel and neck.

Oh forgive me,

Forgive me,

Give me just one more drink.

Oh forgive me,

Forgive me,

If I'm a little clumsy.

Because I drink just so I can feel,

If I feel anything,

I've been lost for so long

In cheap bottles and beds.

Because I'm better at being bad,

Throw everyone away,

Being gone in the morning

Long before anyone's awake.

Oh just see,

Just see,

I don't mean to be.

Oh just see,

Just see,

Thoughts fight feelings.

You are delicate, silent and soft

Dolce' Bella Vino,

Glass I fear too fragile for my thick fingers,

So easily cracked in my alcoholic haste.

Life and it's demands call me away,

My grandmother's grave,

But I leave patient roses in wine bottles,

For you to find when you wake.

No comments:

Post a Comment