Sunday, November 21, 2010

Artsy Artsy (A song)

Never was much of a man

Like what you wanted,

Or said you did to all your

Friends when we first met.

I couldn't play guitar, didn't

Own a nice coat or scarf.

Didn't have much an eye for art

And couldn't tell you who

The Black Keys are.

Well artsy artsy you

Made me a scarf.

Artsy artsy you

Bought me records.

Artsy artsy you

Picked out that pea coat.

Never was much of a man

Like you said you need,

When you hung up the phone

And I knew you were leaving me.

Now I play the guitar until

All my fingers bleed. Look

Sharp in that new coat and

Soft gray scarf. Look at you,

Gave me everything I need

And cut me free.

Well artsy artsy me

Watching French films

Artsy artsy me

And all my wine

Artsy artsy me

Alone at the gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment